A. Your Privacy
B. Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used by KnottyWoodBBQ.com:
1. Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
2. Information about your visits to and use of KnottyWoodBBQ.com, including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
3. Information, such as your email address that you enter when you register with KnottyWoodBBQ.com;
4. Information that you enter when you create a profile on KnottyWoodBBQ.com – for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details;
5. Information, such as your name and email address that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to Knotty Wood Barbecue Company emails and/or newsletters;
6. Information that you enter while using the services on KnottyWoodBBQ.com;
7. Information that is generated while using KnottyWoodBBQ.com, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
8. Information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through KnottyWoodBBQ.com, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
9. Information that you post to KnottyWoodBBQ.com with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which may include your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
10. Information contained in any communication that you send to Knotty Wood Barbecue Company by email or through KnottyWoodBBQ.com, including its communication content and metadata;
11. Any other personal information that you send to Knotty Wood Barbecue Company.
Before you disclose to Knotty Wood Barbecue Company the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both what is being disclosed and the processing of any personal information in accordance with our policy.
C. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to Knotty Wood Barbecue Company through KnottyWoodBBQ.com will be used for the purposes specified in our policy or on the relevant pages of KnottyWoodBBQ.com. Knotty Wood Barbecue Company may use your personal information for the following:
1. Administering KnottyWoodBBQ.com and business;
2. Personalizing KnottyWoodBBQ.com for you;
3. Enabling your use of the services available on KnottyWoodBBQ.com;
4. Sending you goods purchased through KnottyWoodBBQ.com;
5. Supplying services purchased through KnottyWoodBBQ.com;
6. Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
7. Sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
8. Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
9. Sending you Knotty Wood Barbecue Company email newsletter if requested, (you can inform Knotty Wood Barbecue Company at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
10. Sending you marketing communications relating to Knotty Wood Barbecue Company’s business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which Knotty Wood Barbecue Company believes may be of interest to you by post or, where we have your agreement, by email or similar technology (if you are no longer interested in marketing communications you may inform Knotty Wood Barbecue Company at any time and the communications will be discontinued);
11. Providing third parties with statistical information about Knotty Wood Barbecue Company users (Knotty Wood Barbecue Company will ensure that third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
12. Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our KnottyWoodBBQ.com;
13. Keeping KnottyWoodBBQ.com secure and prevent fraud;
14. Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of KnottyWoodBBQ.com; and
15. Other uses: If you submit personal information for publication on KnottyWoodBBQ.com, Knotty Wood Barbecue Company will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to Knotty Wood Barbecue Company. Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on KnottyWoodBBQ.com and can be adjusted using privacy controls on our website. Without your consent, Knotty Wood Barbecue Company will not supply your personal information to any third party for their use for direct marketing.
D. Disclosing personal information
Except as reasonably required to enable our policy, Knotty Wood Barbecue Company may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors.
Knotty Wood Barbecue Company may disclose your personal information to any affiliate member of Knotty Wood Barbecue Company group of companies as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in our policy. Knotty Wood Barbecue Company may disclose your personal information:
1. To the extent that Knotty Wood Barbecue Company are required to do so by law;
2. In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
3. In order to establish, exercise, or defend Knotty Wood Barbecue Company legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that Knotty Wood Barbecue Company is selling; and
5. To any person who Knotty Wood Barbecue Company reasonably believes may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of personal information where, in Knotty Wood Barbecue Company reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of such personal information.
6. Except as provided in our policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
E. International data transfers
You agree that:
1. Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with our policy.
2. Information that Knotty Wood Barbecue Company collects may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area, the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
3. Personal information that you publish on KnottyWoodBBQ.com or submit for publication on KnottyWoodBBQ.com may be available, via the internet, around the world. Knotty Wood Barbecue Company cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by third parties. .
F. Retaining personal information
1. This Section F sets out Knotty Wood Barbecue Company data retention policies and procedures which are designed to help ensure that Knotty Wood Barbecue Company complies with its legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
2. Personal information that Knotty Wood Barbecue Company processes for any purpose shall not be retained any longer than necessary.
3. Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Section F, Knotty Wood Barbecue Company retains documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data as follows:
a. To the extent that Knotty Wood Barbecue Company is required to do so by law;
b. If\f Knotty Wood Barbecue Company believes that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
c. As may be necessary in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
G. Security of your personal information
1. Knotty Wood Barbecue Company will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
2. Knotty Wood Barbecue Company will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
3. All electronic financial transactions entered into through KnottyWoodBBQ.com will be protected by encryption technology.
4. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure and Knotty Wood Barbecue Company cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
5. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing KnottyWoodBBQ.com confidential; Knotty Wood Barbecue Company will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to KnottyWoodBBQ.com).
Knotty Wood Barbecue Company may update its policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. We ask that you check our policy on the website occasionally to ensure you may learn any changes to our policy. Knotty Wood Barbecue Company may notify you of changes to our policy by email or through the private messaging system on KnottyWoodBBQ.com.
I. Your rights
You may instruct Knotty Wood Barbecue Company to provide you with any personal information Knotty Wood Barbecue Company has stored about you and Knotty Wood Barbecue Company will release such information, subject to the following:
1. The payment of a fee;
2. Provide appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, KnottyWoodBBQ.com will accept a photocopy of your passport or RealID certified by a notary public plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
3. Knotty Wood Barbecue Company may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
4. You may instruct Knotty Wood Barbecue Company at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
5. In practice, either you expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or Knotty Wood Barbecue Company will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of any use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
J. Third party websites
KnottyWoodBBQ.com includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. Knotty Wood Barbecue Company has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
K. Updating information
Please let Knotty Wood Barbecue Company know if the personal information that Knotty Wood Barbecue Company has about you needs to be corrected or updated.
1. The names of the cookies that we use on our website and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
2. Knotty Wood Barbecue Company uses Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to recognize a computer when a user visits the website, track users as they navigate the website, enable the use of a shopping cart on the website, improve the website’s usability, analyze the use of the website, administer the website, prevent fraud and improve the security of the website, personalize the website for each user and target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users.
3. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
a. In Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
b. In Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
c. In Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on KnottyWoodBBQ.com.
4. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
a. In Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
b. Iin Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
c. In Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
d. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.