Peach cobbler is a beloved dessert that has been bringing joy to the taste buds for generations. With its perfect balance of sweet, juicy fruit and a tender, buttery crust, it’s not surprising it’s a classic and flavorful treat.
You can even make this delectable dessert even more delicious by infusing the tasty treat with a rich, smoky flavor – a flavor that comes from smoking the sweet concoction in the smoker using Knotty Wood plum wood pellets.
Why Plum Wood Pellets?
Plumwood pellets are an excellent choice for turning a peachy keen cobbler into a smoky peach cobbler delight. That’s because these types of pellets impart a flavor that perfectly complements the natural sweetness of ripe peaches.
As the peach cobbler cooks in the smoker, the plum wood chips will release just the right amount of smoke – just enough to enhance the overall flavor of your dessert without overpowering it.
To make the most of this taste sensation, you’ll need to follow the recipe below. Once you cook it, you’ll be the dessert star of your neighborhood. Not only does the cobbler taste sensational, you’ll love the smoky scent of it cooking as well.
Smoky Peach Cobbler Recipe
Here is what you’ll need to prepare this recipe.
- 8 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Plum wood pellets for smoking
- Prepare your smoker or for indirect cooking at approximately 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the sliced peaches, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, and baking powder. Cut in the cold, cubed butter using a pastry cutter or two forks until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the boiling water to the flour mixture and stir until a wet, sticky dough forms.
- Spread the peach mixture in an even layer in a 9×13-inch (23×33 cm) disposable aluminum pan or cast iron skillet.
- Drop spoonful’s of the dough over the peaches, forming an even layer.
- Drain your plum wood chips and add them to your smoker or use a smoker box if you’re using a grill.
- Place the pan or skillet with the cobbler inside onto the smoker or grill, ensuring it’s not directly over heat. Close the lid and smoke for approximately 45 minutes to an hour, or until the topping is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the smoker or grill and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
This smoky peach cobbler with plum wood chips recipe is perfect for when you want to impress your guests with something unique and delicious. The result is an irresistible dessert that will leave everyone craving more.
Get Your Plum Wood Chips Online
Get your plum wood pellets on the Knotty Wood Barbecue Company website. Make something special today for your friends and family.