Knotty Rubbed Tri-Tip
- 1 2-3 lb. Tri-Tip
- ¼ cup Knotty Rub
- 50/50 Blend Knotty Wood Almond & Plum BBQ Pellets
- Generously coat meat with Knotty Rub and massage in. We like to let it soak in for 15 minutes on the countertop.
- Pour a blend of Knotty Wood Almond and Plum Pellets into your hopper and preheat to 225 ˚F.
- Smoke tri-tip at 225-250 ˚F until it hits an internal temperature of 135 ˚F for medium- rare. In general, it takes about 30 minutes per pound.
- A 2-pound tri-tip would need to smoke for an hour while a 3 ½ pounder will need about an hour and 45 minutes.
- When done, remove and cover with foil. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Slice up and serve.