Bacon Green Beans Almondine
- 1 lb (16 oz) French green beans trimmed
- 4-5 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ¼ cup raw sliced almonds
- 2 medium shallots diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lowrey’s Garlic salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place your cast iron skillet on the pellet grill at 350-400. Place butter in to melt and slice almonds in the skillet. Toast them until just browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside for later.
- Cook the bacon in the cast iron skillet on the pellet grill until crispy. Set aside to cool and roughly chop.
- Using the leftover grease from cooking the bacon in the skillet, caramelize the shallots and minced garlic. Remove from heat.
- Take the green beans and place them into the cast iron skillet with the caramelized garlic & shallots.
- Season well with garlic salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the top of the green beans.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top and place in the smoker to cook for about 20-30 minutes. Once the green beans have about 5 minutes left top with the toasted almonds.
Serve hot and enjoy!