Chuck Roast Recipe
- 3-4 pound beef chuck roast – boneless
- 1 ½ teaspoons Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½-¾ cup Knotty Rub
- ⅓ cup Olive oil
- 2 large Yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Red wine
- ½ bag Baby carrots
- 4- 5 Yellow potatoes
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Get a charcoal grill prepped and the coals heated for a caveman-style sear.
- Coat the meat with olive oil and then generously season the meat with salt .
- Place directly onto a charcoal grill and sear on each side until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes per side until a golden brown crust has developed.
- Once the roast has a good sear, remove from heat and season with Knotty rub. Preheat the pellet grill to 325 degrees F.
- Then put the roast directly onto the pellet smoker for about 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- After the meat has cooked on the pellet smoker for about 2 ½ hours. Get a dutch oven and add the onions, garlic, half the amount of potatoes, and carrots. To prevent the vegetables from burning or sticking to the bottom of the pan add in a cup of red wine. This will also give the meat a richer flavor.
- Cover securely with the lid and bake for 2.5 hours at 300 degrees F.
- Remove from the pellet grill and add in the rest of the baby carrots and potatoes if needed. At this point, you can also adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Return to the pellet grill (with the lid on), and cook for 2 hours more or until the meat is fork tender and falls apart, and until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
How to make Chuck Roast
Be the first to start a conversation