Knotty Wood Crack Chicken
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- Knotty Rub
- ½ Orange
- ½ Lemon
- Knotty Wood Almond Pellets
- Preheat your smoker 325-350˚ F and add in your Almond Knotty Wood Pellets.
- Cut the lemon and orange halves into small chunks. Cut the half stick of butter into thin slices.
- Grab the chicken and lift the skin from top of the chicken with spoon to separate the skin and slide the butter and Knotty rub under the skin.
- Put the citrus in the cavity of the chicken. This will help to tenderize and flavor the meat.
- Liberally apply Knotty rub over the entire chicken.
- After stuffing and seasoning the chicken, it’s ready to go in your smoker.
- Cook for 2 ½- 3 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 ˚ F.