Leg of Lamb
- 1 Leg of Lamb
- Cobram Olive Oil
- Knotty Rub
- 50/50 Mix of Knotty Wood Almond & Plum Pellets
- 6-7 Garlic cloves-chopped in half
- 1-2 Onions-roughly chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper-roughly chopped
- 1 cup Red Wine
- Pour olive oil over the leg of lamb which will act as a binder when coating with Knotty Rub.
- Liberally coat entire leg of lamb with Knotty Rub. Place in fridge for 24hrs to allow flavors to set.
- Cook leg of lamb at 280-285˚ F for two hours then for the last 45 minutes increase the temperature to 325-350˚ F. This will help to get a good crust on the lamb.
- During the last 45 minutes and when raising the temperature, add the roughly chopped vegetables, garlic, and cup of red wine to keep the outside from getting too dry. This will help to add moisture back in.
- Cook until the leg of lamb gets to an internal temp 128˚F for rare and 135˚F for medium rare.
- Cover with foil when done and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
How to make Leg of Lamb