Smoked Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon milk or more as needed
Combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk in a small bowl.
- Preheat smoker to 350 ˚F and fill the hopper with Knotty Wood Almond Pellets. Grease a 9 x 5 pan with butter. Optional-Bake in oven at 350˚F.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to a medium bowl.
- Combine butter, sugar, lemon juice, eggs, and vanilla in a separate large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk in two parts. Stirring just until dry ingredients are mixed in.
- Fold in lemon zest and blueberries. Make sure not to over mix.
- Pour batter into the greased pan and cook in your smoker or oven at 350˚F for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let bread rest for 30 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the bread has fully cooled, take the glaze and drizzle over the bread.
- Slice and enjoy!