Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- ⅔ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Table salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tsp baker’s sugar-super fine, divided
- 1 Egg (large)
- ⅛ tsp grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup Cobram Extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Milk
- Knotty Wood Plum pellets
- Preheat pellet grill or oven to 350 F. If using a pellet grill, add Knotty Wood Plum Pellets to the hopper. Lightly grease 6-inch round cake pan. Line bottom with 6-inch parchment paper round and line sides with 2, 10-inch strips of parchment. Spray parchment lightly.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Using a mixer, mix ½ cup sugar, egg, and lemon zest in a bowl on low speed until combined. Increase speed to high and whip until mixture is fluffy and pale yellow, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and slowly pour in oil while the mixer is going. Mix until oil is fully incorporated. Add half of the flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated. Add remaining flour mixture and mix until just incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar over the entire batter. Bake until the cake is deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Gently flip the pan onto the rack: remove all parchment and then flip back over. Let the cake cool completely, about an hour. Cut into wedges and serve.