Pork Belly Tacos
- 1 lb. Pre-cooked Smoked pork belly
- Head of purple cabbage
- Head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 1 White onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 package Corn tortillas
- ½ cup Fig jam
- ¼ cup Santa Cruz mild chili powder
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Start by prepping the Pico de Gallo and toppings for the tacos. Thinly chop the serrano pepper with seeds and ribs removed. If you like the heat add the seeds to the Pico de Gallo.
- Chop the purple cabbage, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and onion.
- After all the ingredients for the Pico de Gallo have been prepped add them all to a bowl and mix. Let this marinate for about 5 minutes while preparing the rest of the tacos.
- To make the spicy jam, the only thing you need to do is mix the mild chili powder and fig jam. If the jam is too thick add water until you get your desired consistency.
- Heat the tortillas on your stove and then it’s time to start assembling the tacos.
- Place the pork belly on the crisped tortillas and then add the purple cabbage, lettuce, Pico do Gallo, and top with the spicy fig jam.