Hot Honey Wings-Grilled Hot Honey Wings Recipe
For the Hot Honey Sauce
- 1 tsp curry
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2-3 Tbsp. Knotty Wood Honey
- 2-3 cloves Minced Garlic
- ¼ cup White Vinegar
- ½ cup Knotty Rub
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 ½ lb whole chicken wings
- Plummond Competition Blend Pellets
- Fill up your hopper with Plummond pellets and reheat your pellet smoker to 500℉ or as high as it will go with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- While the grill is preheating, mix together all the ingredients for the hot honey sauce. (If desired, make an extra batch of the sauce to drizzle over the wings after fully cooked)
- Cut the wings into three pieces, cutting through the joints. Discard the wing tips. Season each of the flats and drumettes well with Knotty Rub.
- After seasoned with Knotty Rub, pour hot honey sauce over the chicken.
- Place the seasoned wings directly on the grill grates. Close the lid and cook until the wings reach an internal temperature of 165˚F. Checking on the wings frequently so they don’t burn. Depending on your grill this can take anywhere from 15-20 minutes.
- After they have reached the temperature, remove the wings from the grill.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of the hot honey sauce. Enjoy!